Did you know that you can do a search in Google specifically for interactive websites? These websites are engaging for students working at individual computers and when displayed to the class. Here's how:
- Open Google.
- In the top right corner of the screen look for the wheel with spokes and click.
- Choose Advanced search.
- In the appropriate fields, type your search terms.
- In the Need more tools? section, go to File type:
- Choose Shockwave Flash (.swf).
- Click the Advanced Search button.
The list of sites you get will only list files on your topic that use Flash or Shockwave, so they have interactivity. Always test sites completely before using with students, and post the link on your own web page for convenience and security.
Here's one called Wind Power Game that I found doing an advanced search for energy.