Friday, April 19, 2013

Chrome Extensions for Teachers V.1

I'm always about the quickest way to do anything if the results are still good. Mind you, I don't like doing a bad job of anything, but when there's a tool out there that makes the work easier and faster, I'm all for it! Here are a few Chrome extensions that you might want to try to make your life in front of a computer screen just a little bit easier.

1. Select and Speak--reads a web page aloud (available free in the Chrome Web store)

2. Speech Recognizer--works as a dictation tool (awesome fun! microphone needed)

3. PrintWhatYouLike--allows you to print only the portion of information you want (skip ads and anything else you don't want)

4. Loupe--creates a collage from your photos

5. FreeCorder--records streaming content audio and video live (this one is a download not from the Chrome store, but I've found it very useful)

Try these.  Let me know what you think, and I'll be back with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment